Saturday, February 9, 2013

Die Tumor Die!

Slowly, I was getting closer to the end of my chemotherapy treatments.  My tumor was shrinking steadily.  We were all very excited.  Periodically, I would talk to my tumor.  Our one sided conversations would go like this:

"So.  You're still here."

"I see that you want to stay.  Well, you don't get to stay."

"You may have taken over my once fabulous boob but let me tell you this buddy.  You're gonna die."

"Oh what?  You don't like that idea?"

"Are you sad?  Good!  Die tumor!  Die!"

For the most part, it did die.  When the doctor did my mastectomy, some of the tumor had survived.  Fortunately, he was able to remove all of it from my breast.  Unfortunately, I also had some lymph nodes that were positive for cancer cells.  A portion of the lymph nodes were removed but I knew more therapy loomed in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment