Friday, October 26, 2012

Locks of Love

When I started chemotherapy, I was told that all my hair would fall out.  Fortunately, I'm very warped and the thought of losing my hair did not bother me. 

Four weeks into chemotherapy, my hair began to shed like my fluffy border collie in the middle of summer.  That is not a pretty sight, I assure you.  I do have very thick hair.  So when a third of my hair fell out one morning, you couldn't even tell.  My husband and I decided to braid and cut my hair so I could donate it to Locks of Love before there were only three strands left.

My husband is such an artist.  He cut my hair into a really cute chin length bob that stylishly framed my face.  I was impressed.  A few days later, chemotherapy won the battle with my hair follicles.  The rest of my hair fell out in clumps until my head resembled that of a harpy's from World of Warcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment