Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Energy Returns

A few months after completing my chemotherapy and radiation treatments, I felt my old energy return.  I'm not going to lie.  It felt really good to get my strength back.  For months, I dragged my tired behind all over town to work, appointments, kid productions, play dates, and more.  The only thing that kept me going was the grace of God.  Without Him, I would have fallen flat on my face from exhaustion. 

With my energy back, I took new pleasure in spending time with my family and friends.  Our little family spent more time exploring parks, waterfalls, rivers, lakes, art galleries, and local concerts.  It was really exciting to get out and play again.  The kids especially enjoyed the activity.  My two sons love to go to new places so they soaked in the fun.

My energy has returned to normal now but I make a point of not overdoing it anymore.  If I feel as though I'm going to become stressed about something, I pray for peace and study my Bible.  I also try to put things in the order of importance. 

My list looks like this:
First, the most important thing in my life is God.
Second, the next important and sexy thing in my life is my husband.
Third, the next important rascals in my life are my children.  (They have me wrapped around their little fingers.)
Fourth, the next important crazy and lovable people in my life are my Mamont, Brobont, Sisont, and many other relatives and family members.
Fifth, the next important people in my life are my many awesome and favorite friends. (Every last of one of you are my favorite people.)

When I regain perspective, I realize there is no need to stress over insignificant or even significant matters.  God will take care of it.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment