Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Psalm of the Day Gadget

When I first started this particular blog, I wanted to add a gadget called Psalm of the Day.  I love the book of Psalms in the Bible.  The songs are beautiful and the poetry is inspirational.  I grew up reading a Psalm or two at the breakfast table every morning with my parents and siblings.  It was a great way to start the day.

When I saw this particular gadget, I was so excited.  I couldn't wait to view the inspiring daily text.  I clicked on my layout page and shifted a few sections around.  Then, I placed the gadget in a prime location on the web page.  Quickly, I updated the page and then went to view it on the browser.  I scanned the page for the Psalm of the Day gadget and smiled with delight as soon as I found it.  Then, I began to read.  At first, I was confused.  I had hoped that one of my favorite verses would appear but the first verse to appear was about a battle.  I paused for a moment, raised an eyebrow, and then snickered in amusement.

"What kind of weirdo gadget is this??"  I thought.  "Seriously.  A random verse about a battle without any other context is absurd."

I immediately deleted the gadget from my blog and then I cracked up laughing.  I guess if I want inspiration, I'll have to crack open the Bible.

By the way, some of my favorite Psalms of hope and inspiration are Psalm 46 and Psalm 27.  Psalm 46 begins with "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." while Psalm 27 ends with the text "Wait on the Lord:  be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment